Road Trip Wednesday is hosted by YA Highway. This week's question is:
What words do you absolutely hate? Which ones do you adore?
I can't think of a word I hate, though I don't usually approve of profanity, but I do have a phrase that bugs the crap out of me:
"Most important" As in, "Most important, the blog had a pretty red background." I can't STAND this! Every time I see this--and I've seen it in very respectable publications--my Grammar Gut tells me it should be "most importantly." I don't know if I'm right or not, but it sounds wrong to me and it's ANNOYING. Does anyone know which is correct?????
On the positive side, I really like the word mercantile. Couldn't tell you why. I don't know.
Now, for a game of tag:
Carol Rae of Carol Rae's Random Ramblings has tagged us! See her post HERE. We're supposed to share six things about ourselves. (I'm kind of cheating and re-posting our Leibster Blog facts, since I don't think a ton of people saw those...)
1. I dropped out of my first preschool because the kids were too loud and I cried for my mom every day.
2. As a college student, my favorite food to cook consists of cinnamon instant oatmeal, peanut butter, hot cocoa mix, and more cinnamon. It ends up being a fantastic gray-brown color, which in Tyler-Rose's words, "looks like paint."
3. I like to write sonnets. I enjoy them the way my sister enjoys jigsaw puzzles.
4. The Hobbit is the only book I have re-read of my own volition.
5. I am allergic (in order of severity) to horses, bunnies, dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters, cats, and most other furry things. Birds are nice. As are fish. Especially beta fish when they don't die.
6. I outline like crazy before I write. It involves intense plotting sessions with color-coded notecards.
|Susan's pre-writing strategy.|
1. I spent Kindergarten trailing silk scarves and pretending to be a fairy/griffin/tiger.
2. As a college student, my favorite food is our cafeteria's teryiaki pork loin. We've decided it tastes a little how we imagine pigeon poop might.
3. I write elaborate puns in my spare time. I feel they offer a challenge to my intellect.
4. I've read every book I own at least twice.
5. Over my life I've kept horses, sheep, bunnies, dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters, cats, rats, most other furry things, an amphibian or two and one reptile. I've also kept fish and birds. Though, the fish all died and the bird ended up on the dinner table.
6. Tyler-Rose isn't here right now so I'm taking the liberty of writing this for her, but I can tell you she does NOT like to outline a lot before she writes. Pantser extraordinaire, that one...
|Tyler-Rose in kindergarten...and also, perhaps, Tyler-Rose's pre-writing strategy?|
(source, which teaches you how to draw this thing)
And...now that you've concluded Tyler-Rose and I come from different planets, here are the people we're tagging (only 3--hope that's ok!):
1. Jessica @ Jessica Love Writes
2. Isabel Bandeira
3. Crystal Licata @ Reading, Writing and A Little Bit of Nonsense
Basically, the rules are to post 6 facts about yourself, mention and link the blog that tagged you, and tag more people. (You're supposed to tag six. I was bad.)
Happy Wednesday, everyone!